Socks for you...
My Recipe for Toe up Socks.
First things first:
Take a ruler or a measuring Tape an measure your feet. (Mine for example is 24cm)
Turkish co 12 sts. (You can use between 12 and 14 sts).
Set Up Row: K all the sts.
Row 1: *K1, M1L, K to 1 sts. Before end of Needle, M1R, K* repeat from *to* on the second half of sock.
Row 2: K around.
Repeat these two rounds until you have increased enough sts. (for example 64 sts.) ending with row 2.
Next step is to measure your knitted toe. (Mine is always 4cm)
Start knitting st st or prefered pattern, until your sock measures 4cm (or the amount of your knitted toe) fewer than your feet measurement. (In my example 20 cm)
Now it's time to knit your favorite heel. I searched for short row heel on YouTube. There are a good amount of instructional videos.
Next step is to knit st st until your sock reaches your desired length (occasionally I try them while knitting).
When you finished knitting your desired length of sock it's time for ribbing. (Take your time to decide Whether you increase a few more sts., for example from 60 sts. To 64 sts. To accommodate more flexibility of your ribbing, or to leave it as is.)
And again the options are endless. (I prefer the 1x1 twisted Ribb over 20 rounds)
Nearly finished....
Time to bind off....make sure to make your bind off stretchy otherwise you'll get in trouble getting your feet in this baby. I like to bind off as follows:
K1, *K1 put the sts back onto the left needle an Ktbl.* Repeat from *to*
Break the yarn, weave in all the ends and there's one sock finished.
Go an cast on the second. Now!!!
Quick little Tipp: I knit both sock at the same time using two circular needles separately to prevent 2nd sock syndrome. I also knit my socks in sections, for example toe and toe, feet and feet, and so on...you'll get the idea.
So have fun creating your own lovely hand knit Socks.
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen